Wikipedia Page on Aphobia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_against_asexual_people

This is listed as aphobia, but it talks only about discrimination against aces. Would someone with a working Wikipedia account (mine seems to have been blocked, which is weird since I've only ever used it twice, and those were both fixing spelling mistakes in articles) mind going into the Talk section to address this?

• Like 3

On 1/18/2023 at 12:59 PM, AromanticAardvark said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_against_asexual_people

This is listed as aphobia, but it talks only about discrimination against aces. Would someone with a working Wikipedia account (mine seems to have been blocked, which is weird since I've only ever used it twice, and those were both fixing spelling mistakes in articles) mind going into the Talk section to address this?

Dumb question, but how do you make a wikipedia account? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

Dumb question, but how do you make a wikipedia account? 

In the top right corner, there should be a little "Create account" text box. Click that and you can make an account!

11 hours ago, mivoei said:

i created a wiki acc. how do i add a comment in the talk section?

You go to the Talk page, which is right beside the article page (scroll to the top of the article and look right under the title, there should be a link thing), then you should see this (from google since I can't attach screenshots (they're too big)):

Wikipedia, part IV: Talk pages | Disrupting Dinner PartiesClick "Click here to start a new topic" and that's a new comment in the talk section

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had a plan to write a wiki page for aromanticism, but it fails cause we didn't have enough time (and on my part, I wasn't enough organized). But it would be great if we had one.

Edited by nonmerci

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2023 at 6:07 AM, Jigen said:

It depends on which Wikipedia. There's a separate page on the Portuguese one, for example.

:O that's awesome!

On 2/9/2023 at 7:54 AM, nonmerci said:

We had a plan to write a wiki page for aromanticism, but it fails cause we didn't have enough time (and on my part, I wasn't enough organized). But it would be great if we had one.

Oh I didn't know that, maybe we can start the plan up again!

Edit after looking at the Portuguese aromantic Wikipedia page (which is really good, from what I can see): maybe if there are any aros who speak Portuguese here they can help translate the page into English? There is also a French aro page, an Italian aro page, a Hungarian aro page, a Romanian aro page, a Simple English aro page (not sure how to translate that to normal Wikipedia English though), a Finnish aro page (although it seems a bit light on sources and mostly uses AVEN as a resource), and a Czech aro page, if anyone speaks any of those languages.

Edited by AromanticAardvark
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...