Different types of attractions, and that/how attractions are different from actions!

Storm_leopardcat

Okay, so there are six main types of attractions (some say seven). And they are divided into two types: Physical and Emotional attractions.
Physical attractions are sexual attraction, sensual attraction, and aesthetic attraction. Emotional attractions are platonic attraction, romantic attraction, and alterous attraction.

There are also different terms or words for each attraction, like how crush is used for someone you are romantically attracted towards, there is squish for a person you are platonically attracted to. 

Also, an attraction is different from your favourability towards an action associated with said-attraction. Both of these are also different from the positivity of said action attributed with said attraction.

It is also possible for someone to lack any one type of attraction, or experience it differently from other attractions (say, being gray-homo-romantic, and demi-aegosensual, and being panaesthetic). It is also possible for someone to lack all of these attractions, or experience little of them.

Alterous attraction is a sort of attraction involving attraction to someone which is not platonic or romantic, kind of like non-binary, but for attractions, as I saw someone put it. https://www.lgbtqia.wiki/wiki/Alterous_Attraction

I hope I am not being too confusing, and I hope that it helps! Give me feedback on this, please, and tell me if it needs improvement.

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-30 at 7.29.25 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-30 at 7.30.17 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-30 at 7.31.19 PM.jpeg

Edited by Storm_leopardcat
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2022 at 1:13 AM, Holmbo said:

Would alterous attraction have aspect of worship to it? I'm thinking about older types of relationships and how there sometimes seem to be a bit of awe to them.

Perhaps? I'm assuming it does, as platonic and romantic attraction certainly seem to (to an extent, romantic attraction seems to have a lot more of this, and stronger, too).
It is an emotional attraction!

9 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Perhaps? I'm assuming it does, as platonic and romantic attraction certainly seem to (to an extent, romantic attraction seems to have a lot more of this, and stronger, too).
It is an emotional attraction!

I feel like most platonic attraction has much less worship than a romantic one.

I also wonder, what kind of attraction would you call someone being attracted to be a follower? Like attracted to a leader of some kind, be it spiritual, business etc. I was reflecting if that could be seen as alterous attraction. If you're attracted emotionally. Not just following them for some practical reason.

• Like 1

What this helped me realise was that the key word to all of these types of attraction is "this particular person". I've been wondering if I feel romantic attraction, since I've thought i wanted a romantic relationship with multiple people. Now I understand that I just Generally want a close (both physically and emotionally) relationship with someone, and all these people I thought I might be romantically attracted to I just happen to like for their personality, platonically.

• Like 2