How do you spot other aros in the wild?

Angrboda

Do you have any tips or life hacks on spotting other aros in the wild? (Other than the ring) Are there any behaviors, styles, interests, or gathering places that can help to find/identify our kind? Also, do you do anything to show off your awesome aro-ness?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Angrboda said:

Are there any behaviors, styles, interests, or gathering places that can help to find/identify our kind?

The chocolate sale table the day after valentines day is a prime aro gathering location I should think 🤔

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 12:53 AM, Angrboda said:

Do you have any tips or life hacks on spotting other aros in the wild? (Other than the ring) Are there any behaviors, styles, interests, or gathering places that can help to find/identify our kind? Also, do you do anything to show off your awesome aro-ness?

Wear a white ring on your left middle finger? That's the aromantic ring, like aces have the asexual ring. Or/and you could wear aro flag stuff and wait for other aros to come to you maybe?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/25/2022 at 4:46 AM, Nix said:

The chocolate sale table the day after valentines day is a prime aro gathering location I should think 🤔

I’m a little too young to be at a supermarket, anything for school?

1 hour ago, HelloThere said:

I’m a little too young to be at a supermarket, anything for school?

My old school had one of those candybar dispenser machines and sometimes it gave out an extra chocolate bar. Checking to see who’s extra happy about that might help 🤔

Serious question though: Is it really that weird for people your age to be at a supermarket where you live? I’m curious because here in the Netherlands most supermarkets near schools have rules like: ‘No more than 10 students at ones’ or they have a special student cash register open at lunchtime plus they turn of the free coffee machine untill after lunch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nix said:

My old school had one of those candybar dispenser machines and sometimes it gave out an extra chocolate bar. Checking to see who’s extra happy about that might help 🤔

Serious question though: Is it really that weird for people your age to be at a supermarket where you live? I’m curious because here in the Netherlands most supermarkets near schools have rules like: ‘No more than 10 students at ones’ or they have a special student cash register open at lunchtime plus they turn of the free coffee machine untill after lunch.

I’m about 15, here we call kids in their 9th year “freshman” we do have a vending machine or two but I never see anyone hang around those. We don’t even get to leave school for food because it’s all so far away. I guess that there isn’t much of a good way to see other aros in the wild here. XD

I will keep an eye out for white rings and aro flags though. :D

• Thanks 1