Searching for my collective apartment

Holmbo

I've long wanted to live in an intentional community with focus on sustainability and urban community. I've not come across anything I like in my country so I've decided I'll buy an apartment and get one started. It's been a long way coming but today I was out looking at apartment viewings for the first time (I know Americans call the condos but I don't like that term). It's exciting but also a bit stressful.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Nix said:

That is so cool! I can understand that it will be as stressful as it is exciting, but you are actively building a better future for yourself ánd the environment :D

Thanks! I was looking in this area which has cheaper apartment because it doesn't have subway and also has some bad reputation from people who don't live there. https://maps.app.goo.gl/mTzbA76f5qboXkcY7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmbo said:

Thanks! I was looking in this area which has cheaper apartment because it doesn't have subway and also has some bad reputation from people who don't live there. https://maps.app.goo.gl/mTzbA76f5qboXkcY7

That is so weird, why would people do that? What I can tell from the pictures is that it looks nice, clean and someone has elephants for some reason 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nix said:

That is so weird, why would people do that? What I can tell from the pictures is that it looks nice, clean and someone has elephants for some reason 😅

This is completely normal. Of course, most elephants graze in the Swedish countryside but a few of them live in the cities (in parks, public green spaces). Those are called "stadens elefanter" (urban elephants).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

This is completely normal. Of course, most elephants graze in the Swedish countryside but a few of them live in the cities (in parks, public green spaces). Those are called "stadens elefanter" (urban elephants).

Ah yes of course, that is clearly what is going on there. Thank you for educating me 😌

20 hours ago, Nix said:

There's been some violent crime in the area a while ago and so people assume that it's completely crime ridden

44 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

There's been some violent crime in the area a while ago and so people assume that it's completely crime ridden

Aaaah ok now I get it, people are once again jumping to conclusions.