should I come out to my best friend?

So Idk.I want to but then what if she doesn't understand and how do you say it?I don't think she has anything against the lgbtq+ community but then again she has accidentally outed someone else as bi but I don't think she realized what she did was wrong.I just don't want to happen to me.Also another classmate is trans she didn't have any problems with that.And should I come out to my mom?she has made comments like "how does a 11/12 year old know their trans" or "how does a 13 year old know their bi".But we were talking about the community in a lighthearted way and she didn't seem to have a problem talking about it.And she did pick up an ace flag in target and I was like :0 .So I don't know what do.Please help?

• Like 2

You could start by talking to your friend in general about aromanticism or asexuality and see if she reacts. For example talk about a character in a TV show that you consider aromantic and ask if she agrees they might be.

• Like 1

you know you best. from what you have said, if that was me i would hold off on the friend until you know she understands it was wrong to out people. just because once you are outed there is no going back. now you can tell her if you want, and from what you say she is likely to be accepting, but understand that there is that risk.

• Like 1