Pregnancy: Abortion or not?

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

I'm 26 years old. I have just finished my master and i want to do a phd and also im working as a leader in a company. I'm with m boyfriend 9 months and we are living together. We werent careful so im 6 weeks pregnant. But i dont know what to do. We dont have finance problem but we have a different life (we are traveling a lot he want to do a master etc..) and a child can change it. i dont know if its good or not but i really dont know what to do. 

He told me that he doesnt want the child because he is not ready yet (we have the same age) and a lot of other reasons like that we have not been together for a long time and a lot of other reasons and he is afraid of my choice, but if i want to keep it he will be with me.

Any advice?

4 answers to this question

This is a very complex question, & I'm not sure I can do anything but give some very general suggestions.

I think you need to think about what your life would be like as a single parent. If there is any hint that your partner maybe might bail at some point - emotionally, physically or financially - then you need be to absolutely sure that you would still choose to be a parent & be able to give your child everything they need.

There are lots of stories of parents who were able to travel or complete their studies, but this isn't the norm, & it's incredibly hard.

If you think about your life in 10 years, do you see yourself doing things like the school run, & playdates, & child-friendly vacations? Doing laundry 5 times a week because there's mud everywhere? In your mind, does that balance out when your kid is having a tantrum, or crying their eyes out, or being adorable with you?

I wish you the best of luck! It's a tough choice to make. Do what is right for you.

• Like 3

I don't think strangers on the internet can help with such a personal choice, but anyway...

The questions to ask yourself are :

Do you want this child or not ?

Are you ready to face the implications of a parent's life ?

Are you able to give your child what they need ? (not only emotionally but financially)

• Like 4

Ok so I’m 14 so take my advice with a grain of salt 

the choice is up to you weather he likes it or not. If you like the idea of having a child and being a mom/dad/parent then go for it but if not then an abortion may be the best option. Also be sure you are mentally ready for a kid my mom and dad weren’t so as a result I have a lot of childhood neglect issues that still happen today.

Edited by Jackson_Glass
  • Like 3