Arocalypse is looking for moderators

roboticanary

Hello

Arocalypse is looking for new moderators

If you are interested in being a moderator, here is what you need to know.

The position of a moderator is a volunteer position that requires:

• We’re only able to accept moderators over the age of 18
  • People who have an active warning are not eligible
  • Willingness to use Discord for coordination

Moderator duties:

• Reviewing and approving guest posts
  • Being available to respond to reports and give warnings when needed
  • Occasionally checking in on current conversations in general to keep an eye on things beyond what gets reported

To join the moderation team simply follow this Discord link. Then we will go through a screening where we check your activity on the forum and you can ask any questions you have, if you are happy becoming a mod and we are satisfied with having you as a mod then you can join the team.

• Like 4

Does having a long-since expired warning on AVEN matter? Not that I'm signing up for a position.

Spoiler

In my case I was given one for making a Supernatural meme, tagging Michael on fire as the BoD, Castiel as PanFicto, the latter's holy oil Molotov cocktail as Pan's "Statement to the BoD" thread and calling the former "Hey, assbutt!". I would share the meme but I have long since lost the link. I also got the point for implying David Jay, the equivocal head of AVEN, was being inconsiderate, in a slightly less polite way.

Edited by SkyTuneRein
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SkyTuneRein said:

Does having a long-since expired warning on AVEN matter? Not that I'm signing up for a position.

As far as I'm concerned, no.

warning would need to be here so I am clear about why that warning was made.

I'm also not keen on stopping people having a go due to expired warnings. That means the person was told to back off and did, which as far as I am concerned is a good thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SkyTuneRein said:

Hide contents

In my case I was given one for making a Supernatural meme, tagging Michael on fire as the BoD, Castiel as PanFicto, the latter's holy oil Molotov cocktail as Pan's "Statement to the BoD" thread and calling the former "Hey, assbutt!". I would share the meme but I have long since lost the link. I also got the point for implying David Jay, the equivocal head of AVEN, was being inconsiderate, in a slightly less polite way.

Don't worry, I suspect that there are many AVEN refugees here.

• Like 2