I Don't Understand Squishes

eye

Based on the definitions I've seen given by a lot of Aros, squishes are an intense desire to be platonically close/closer to a particular individual. But does it have to be intense to be called a squish? What if I just find the person cool and interesting and would just like to have a cup of tea with them and hopefully become friends. Does this count as a squish? Thank you in advance by the way!!!  :)

Having a squish on someone means that you desire to be friends with that person, but I think that it doesn't need to be intense at all. For me, I've had three squishes, and the last one wasn't very intense, I just wanted to talk to her, and to know more about her because I thought she was cool.

• Like 2

Personally for me I define squishes based on how important this attraction is to oneself. You can feel a desire to be friends with any person and spend time with them, whether a strong or small one, but this desire must be important for you which I believe is what separates squishes from just wanting to be friends with someone.

I would consider what you're talking about as a squish! To me, squishes are people I think are very cool and I want to be friends with :) I currently have squishes on a few people, and I would just like to get to know them better and chat with them!

yeah that's where i draw the line between a squish and someone i just want to be friends with.  like i have a coworker who's really funny and i have fun working with him but it's not like the squishes i've had.  they're more intense, i'm excited rather than just glad to see them, i think about them when i'm not with them, etc.  

• Like 1