Am I aromantic? please help

Hi! I have been on a journey of self-discovery and known I'm asexual for a few months and thought I was homoromantic. However,  I've been thinking about what I want in life and in my future and I can't see myself in a romantic relationship. I thought that I had experienced romantic attraction but I don't really know? I am a hugger so when I think I am feeling romantic attraction I think I would like to hug them and go out with them but even though I find people pretty I can't visualize myself romantically with any of them (kissing, calling them my s/o). In my future I keep visualizing myself living with my friends as a big family and  I also feel that I don't need a romantic relationship. I do love romance movies and books but when it comes to dating in real life it feels like a chore. I have never been in love with someone and felt pressured to say I'm in love with someone just because they said it first even though I didn't feel it. More than a romantic relationship the thought of being someone's person , their best friend , the one they go to and always talk to, that is what I want more than anything. That kind of permanence that romantic relationships don't have that type of friendship. Sorry this was kind of rambly. 

Edited by Guest

• Guest changed the title to Am I aromantic? please help

To me it does sound like you're aromantic, but I'm no expert. (I myself identified as aromantic recently.) There exist aromantics who might like watching/reading romantic stuff, but they don't want it for themselves. Also, there are various types of attraction such as sensual or aesthetic. So you might want to be close to someone for numerous other reasons, without being romantically attracted to them. 

You might be. As Leia said, there are aromantics who enjoy watching/reading about romance. That doesn't change how you feel about romance happening to you. Wanting to see yourself as a best friend rather than what is traditionally thought of as romantic is a common theme here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hannah5

Hi this answer might not be much help just thought it might be helpful for you to know that someone else feels confused and at the moment I feel so lost because of the confusion, it sounds to me like you are aromantic, I’m not sure if I’m aromantic romance repulsed or demiromantic feel similar to how you do