Has anyone heard of the term "lovequeer"?

I was on Instagram one day, and I saw a post that included the term "lovequeer" as in "loveless and lovequeer aros." I've never heard this term, and I was wondering if anyone who has could explain it to me? It sounds like something I might relate to, but I can't find any definitions of it so I'm not sure.

I've never heard of it before now, the usage in that example makes it sound like it would refer to an aro who doesn't wholly identify as loveless but doesn't totally feel comfortable with love as it's usually discussed either. But that's purely a guess based on 1 example without context, if anyone knows where it originates from/what it means I'd love to know.

For those who don't want to click the link, the text is:

I’m coining the term lovequeer. To be lovequeer is to fully reject the concept of “love” as society applies it for romance, and to redefine the word around oneself and the types of love neglected by amatonormativity.

I am a lovequeer aro. My heart is full of love for my friends, for my family, for my pets. The idea of romance is useless and irrelevant to me. I don’t need romance. All I need is my strong and passionate love.

I actually kinda like that. It's cute and makes sense. I hope it catches on, but I'm not sure it will...

Edited by InvisibleSquid
  • Like 5