Hi everyone

mossy

Hi all! I'm aromantic and asexual, have known for a few years now, and am out to a handful of close friends and family, but I tend not to talk about it much in real life. I joined aven a few months ago and have enjoyed being part of that community, so I wanted to give Arocalypse a go too! Even though I am both aromantic and asexual, aromanticism has always seemed like a bigger part of my identity than asexuality, and I find that it's harder to find people talking specifically about aromanticism.

Hello and welcome to Arocalypse! I did the same thing as you (first checking out aven and then coming here to talk about aro stuff) and it's really nice to chat with other arospec people about stuff. I hope you get a chance to meet some cool people here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainy Robin said:

Hello and welcome to Arocalypse! I did the same thing as you (first checking out aven and then coming here to talk about aro stuff) and it's really nice to chat with other arospec people about stuff. I hope you get a chance to meet some cool people here!

Thanks for the welcome! I love your profile pic btw ☺️

Hi mossy, welcome.

Its quite interesting that thought of your aromanticism being a bigger part of your identity. I have noticed quite a few people saying that here.

maybe it is just that that people who think that are more likely to be on the forum but it does interest me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roboticanary said:

Its quite interesting that thought of your aromanticism being a bigger part of your identity. I have noticed quite a few people saying that here.

maybe it is just that that people who think that are more likely to be on the forum but it does interest me.

Hmm, it is interesting! Good to know I'm among some people who feel like I do, I suppose!

For me, it just seems like the more visible/obvious aspect of my sexuality in my daily life. A lot more people are going to notice me being single all the time than me not having sex (yes ace people can have sex and aro people could be in a relationship, but I don't currently want either of those ?). As well, on the asexual side of things I would say I'm halfway between sex indifferent and sex positive (I know sex positive isn't quite the right term here but I can't remember the proper one) and on the aromantic side of things I'm halfway between romance indifferent and romance repulsed. While that doesn't make me more aromantic than asexual, it does make romance feel a bit more out of the question for me.

• Like 1