Greetings

Black Sesame

Hello, I'm a 26-year old female student with a love life as colourful as a blank sheet of paper. I have to admit that I was first hooked by the name of the website, which made me click on it, not knowing what I would find here. But don't worry, I'm not here just for that ? It was pretty clear to me from early on that I was somehow not on the same page with most of my peers when it came to love and everything it usually entails, just never bothered giving it a label until now. I don't want to talk with my family and friends about this, so I've always been on my own with it. That's why I'm really happy that there is a forum with people who share similar experiences. I am probably as aro as one can be, as I've never felt even as much as a spark of romantic interest towards anyone. In the last 26 years, I never really cared about it, as I even felt that this would make life so much easier without all the drama, but recently I've been wondering about how I want my life to be like (probably 'cause I'm about to graduate) and there comes the question: how do you fill this part your life or do you even need to fill it in the first place? How about you guys?

Thank you for letting me join here! :)

• Like 3

Welcome! This is definitely a good place for shared aro experiences, I hope you can glean some more insight into your aromanticism here. Totally agree with roboticanary that "a love life as colourful as a blank sheet of paper" is a great description, love it. 

On 12/16/2020 at 9:30 AM, Black Sesame said:

I've been wondering about how I want my life to be like (probably 'cause I'm about to graduate) and there comes the question: how do you fill this part your life or do you even need to fill it in the first place? How about you guys?

Well, this can be very personal, of course, and can differ per person. You don't need to fill this part of your life if you don't want to. I think many people are quick to say "oh aros can still love their friends/family/pets/etc" but you don't need to do that either. Some aros find that they woud like to have some sort of partnership, often (queer)platonic. Others want to have a found family built on friendships. Some like to fill their life by focusing on hobbies, clubs, or activities. But if you don't feel any of these are necessary, then there is no need to force it. It's really up to you! Perhaps with time you'll figure out what works best for you ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, roboticanary said:

yoink

your words are mine now :P

of course you should quote me accordingly. ? Maybe this saying will become just as famous after all, as what Marie Antoinette is rumoured to have said: "if you can't afford bread, eat cake" ? (which I would totally agree to, if it hadn't been symbolic for the ignorance of the upper class towards the suffering of the poor)...oh well, now I got carried away ?

18 minutes ago, Erederyn said:

Well, this can be very personal, of course, and can differ per person. You don't need to fill this part of your life if you don't want to. I think many people are quick to say "oh aros can still love their friends/family/pets/etc" but you don't need to do that either. Some aros find that they woud like to have some sort of partnership, often (queer)platonic. Others want to have a found family built on friendships. Some like to fill their life by focusing on hobbies, clubs, or activities. But if you don't feel any of these are necessary, then there is no need to force it. It's really up to you! Perhaps with time you'll figure out what works best for you ?

Thank you, I am very grateful for your input on this ? 

Uh...are the quotes supposed to merge like that? QAQ

Edited by Black Sesame
  • Like 1