Hi there!

Elle28

I’m Elle! (she/her)

I’m 17 and have recently (after about a year of careful thoughts and self reflection) decided to label myself as an aromatic greysexual. Covid has basically flipped my life onto its ass and so my brain decided to go all “identity crisis” on me. I think I have resolved this crisis because I found a suitable label for what I think describes my feelings regarding attraction, despite not ever being in a committed romantic/sexual relationship. I decided to make an account because I really honestly am still kind of confused about everything. Although I feel like I fall on the ace spectrum somewhere, my aro side is what I recognized first and is definitely more prevalent.  

I would like to make some internet friends and get some advice from people who are aro but not necessarily completely ace. I’m a voice major who specializes in opera and I love discussing music in general. I find myself reading, writing and baking a lot too. I’ve received a very warm welcome from this community so far and it’s amazing to know there are people in this world who are like me and not judgemental about what I want in life. So happy to be here :)

Edited by Elle28
  • Like 2

Welcome! I’m aro ace so I can’t give any advice in regards to “not being completely ace” really. I think covid lockdown also helped start my search for my orientation. I’m in my early 20s and I don’t know why I didn’t figure out this stuff earlier!

I am a musical theatre nerd who can’t sing. I also enjoy reading a lot and I’m a pastry chef. What type of books do you read?

Edited by PeepsInTheChiliPot
  • Like 2

I’m a HUGE YA Fantasy nerd! Basically, if it’s got fae, dragons, magic, or witchy stuff and is set in an awesome fictional world, I’m in. I recently have discovered I quite like historical fiction as well. What about you?

Also, I love baking! Being a pastry chef would be so cool!

• Like 1

I read mostly YA because there seems to be more adventure stories and not just romance. I love historical fiction and I’ve read some fantasy too. I’m a big fan of the School for Good and Evil Series. I started Girls Save the World in This One yesterday. Its about a group of girls going to a zombie convention and then there are actual zombies. 

Oh hey! Aroallo over here, nice to meet you! I'm going back to school in the winter (I know, great timing) for the first time in about 5 years so I can finally study piano. I'm a music nerd too! ??? I'm such an outlier at work because I absolutely adore Christmas carols, and all my coworkers hate them lol. I like that they're catchy and easy to harmonize with, sue me! 

I also very much like baking and if you want to like swap recipes or share some hot goss about your latest bake hmu

Anyway, I hope to catch you around the forums! This place is pretty nice and chill, I've had a great time here so far. Welcome!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Queasy_Attention said:

Oh hey! Aroallo over here, nice to meet you! I'm going back to school in the winter (I know, great timing) for the first time in about 5 years so I can finally study piano. I'm a music nerd too! ??? I'm such an outlier at work because I absolutely adore Christmas carols, and all my coworkers hate them lol. I like that they're catchy and easy to harmonize with, sue me! 

I also very much like baking and if you want to like swap recipes or share some hot goss about your latest bake hmu

Anyway, I hope to catch you around the forums! This place is pretty nice and chill, I've had a great time here so far. Welcome!

Yay! Another music nerd! I also ADORE Christmas and everything that comes with it, including music! I could only dream of being good enough at piano to do it in school... So nice to meet you, and I would totally be down to trade recipes and talk about baking!

• Like 1