Am i aromantic?

Guest bruh

Question

I don't want to love, and I don't think I'll ever fall in love. I just don't want to, and I don't think it's necessary. All this attachment, experience and pain is not worth it in my opinion. I like watching movies about love and read books, but don't want to do it in real life. All the peoples around is my friends, and I don't want them to love me. And I don't want to accidentally get into a toxic relationship, so I decided I wouldn't do it at all. 

All my entourage has already gone through a lot of partners, and constantly ask me if I love someone, but I do not pay attention to the guys or girls around. No one has ever attracted me.

So am I aromantic? I've read a lot of articles about it, a lot of forums, and the signs of Aro match me. So can I consider myself one or not?

3 answers to this question

As has already been said, only you can decide if aromantic is the term for you.

what is worth saying is that when you ask:

On 8/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, Guest bruh said:

So can I consider myself one or not?

That is a clear yes, you can. even if you are not sure and even if you decide you are not later on you absolutely can consider yourself aromantic. We aren't going to hunt you down and say 'oy, you said you were one of us'

• Like 1

That does sound pretty aro to me :) Keep in mind that the short-n-sweet definition of aromantic is: no romantic attraction to other people. 

An aro can have romantic relationships, and relationships of any kind.

An aro can like romantic media.

An aro can want a romantic relationship, but just isn't attracted to anyone.

An aro can be romance-indifferent or romance-repulsed.

An aro can have crushes on fictional characters but not on people irl.

An aro can still have sexual and platonic and aesthetic attraction to other people, just not romantic.

Plus, there is the aromantic spectrum, in which there are exceptions to the no-romo pattern :) Such as having rare romantic attraction (greyromantic), only developing a crush after a close emotional bond is formed (demiromantic), having crushes but only wanting romance in theory, or not wanting it reciprocated (lithromantic), etc.

Ofc, we cannot answer this question for you. You are in charge of what labels fit your identity and make you comfortable.

Take care o yourself!