I sometimes wish I wanted love

It's hard when you have problems in your childhood because it makes me want to look for love out in the world. I want all the things that say I can have someone who will love me and all it takes is a little work. I think I could have someone who would hug me and help me and care about me. The problem is I've only ever seen people depicted as having that from love. And that sucks. I don't feel I can say I love you in the way that I mean, the "I would die for you if I had to, but if you wanted to kiss I would run away" way. I just wish I could even tell anyone in the real world about this :(. Sorry for being annoying but here is my incoherrent rambling 

• Like 5

I feel you. I'm extremely romance favorable, and I often long for a significant other, but part of me wonders if the only thing I crave is a deep and meaningful connection. The kind that only seems to be found in romantic relationships. I have friends that I would do absolutely anything for, and I'm lucky enough that they accept me as aroflux ace. I'm lucky that I've been able to talk about my unorthodox experience with very strong platonic feelings and how much I care for them. I hope you find that somewhere, sometime. You're not alone.

• Like 3

I understand how you feel. I've never had a crush or desired a romantic relationship in the way everyone around me did, but I remember still wishing that I had someone I could depend on in a similar manner, almost to the extent of a romantic relationship but without a lot of the romantic aspects. I've even regretted not being able to feel romantic attraction.

I'm in a qpr now, and I'm honestly really happy this way. I've found someone I love, and who still understands that I am aromantic and not looking for certain aspects of a relationship.

If you still want partnership without romantic aspects I'd recommend looking into qprs. A lot of it has to do with the boundaries and things that both you and the other person/people would set for the relationship, and if "I would die for you if I had to, but if you wanted to kiss I would run away" is part of that then you could possibly find that in a qpr. 

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 1:17 AM, Artemis's Aro said:

I understand how you feel. I've never had a crush or desired a romantic relationship in the way everyone around me did, but I remember still wishing that I had someone I could depend on in a similar manner, almost to the extent of a romantic relationship but without a lot of the romantic aspects. I've even regretted not being able to feel romantic attraction.

I'm in a qpr now, and I'm honestly really happy this way. I've found someone I love, and who still understands that I am aromantic and not looking for certain aspects of a relationship.

If you still want partnership without romantic aspects I'd recommend looking into qprs. A lot of it has to do with the boundaries and things that both you and the other person/people would set for the relationship, and if "I would die for you if I had to, but if you wanted to kiss I would run away" is part of that then you could possibly find that in a qpr. 

I want a qpr but I don't know how I could ever have one, how would I even go about looking for one.

• Like 1

Hiya! 

I unfortunately can’t give any advice, but I can relate. It’s been more recent for me, with the pandemic and living alone, to want someone next to me. So it’s a newer feeling that I’m experiencing right now. I still think I would be fine by myself forever if I needed to be, and I didn’t desire to have someone before. But as life keeps happening I’ve come to realize that it would be really freaking nice if I had that. Someone who thinks about me and checks in on me and surprises me with ice cream, but that won’t have a problem with me not wanting to kiss them, or cuddle with them or go out on dates. So anyway I’m really new to this site and my friend helped me find it so I would be able to not feel so alone in thinking this way. I hope you aren’t feeling alone in thinking this way either!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 8:39 AM, Drew said:

It’s been more recent for me, with the pandemic and living alone, to want someone next to me.

I have a friend in your situation, so I took the chance to strengthen our friendship by sending each other care packages. (postage takes ages and we make guesses about what the other likes, but it is fun). Maybe reach out to a single friend who finds themself in the same situation and build something stronger from this. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...