Mother's Day Coming Up (Warning: Rant)

DannyFenton123

Mother's Day is apparently May 8 this year. I was reminded about it today, and it's definitely shaken me. Due to the fact that my mum is dead, this is hands down the shittiest time of the year for me. Worse than the day my mum actually died, because at least people don't go around talking about it all the time.

I can totally understand why people want to celebrate that day. Mums are awesome; they raise you and love you and it's a cool idea to have a day where people appreciate them. I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but the problem is I have to go to school for the week before the actual day. If it was up to me, I'd rather stay home and write but I can't.

And people are really cheery about it, and teachers make you do cards in lessons. They don't really know what to do with me, so I'm either asked to write a card to my grandmother (which is a whole 'nother problem) or just kind of sit there. And if you're doing either of those things, other kids ask why you don't celebrate Mother's Day. And boy, is that fun! Not that I mind talking about it - what would I be doing posting this if I did - but everybody else kind of record scratches. They either go really quiet after an 'Oh, I'm so sorry. But she's always in your heart!' or start asking hilarious questions like 'Did your mom go to heaven or hell?' The latter category is kind of rare, but they make for some interesting stories to tell later to my family.

This year the person I'm worried about most is my Math teacher, who tends to go on about certain topics not related to math. I'm nearly certain he'll start on Mother's Day and how you should respect your mum and stuff. Great, but I want to stay home and miss that. I don't want to talk to anybody I'm not close to around this time.

I'm not really sure what my topic is for this forum post. Anybody else have some holidays that annoy them? :P

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like holidays where your family is supposed to get together... Like Thanksgiving.

First off, you haven't talked to us since last year. And second of all, YOU'RE EATING MY FOOD JUST TO LEAVE & BECOME NON-EXISTENT UNTIL NEXT YEAR?! Oh heck no. I rather spend the holidays alone.

Must really suck to have to go through that, that's one reason I've never done any father's day stuff in our skating class since I realize some of the kids might not have fathers. (Mother's day is too late in the spring for it to be relevant but yeah.)

I've had the exact same problem with father's day, honestly. He left when I was young so that day was always really awkward.

Also pretty annoying: "father-daughter" events.

'

Now that I think about it, I dislike most holidays. Halloween was nice when I was still in the US.

Valentine's day, for obvious reasons.

Mothers' day and other family holidays, because I was an abused child and had to cut contact and run away when I was a teen for my own safety, and sadly very few people understand and respect this, that families aren't always full of love.

I absolutely loathe Easter for religious reasons xD or is it anti-religious reasons?

idk I'm just opposed to participating in religious celebrations that I don't believe in for long periods of time. I already am forced to go to youth group and church on Sundays, and I always feel really bored and trapped during the services that are abnormally long.

59 minutes ago, breaddd said:

idk I'm just opposed to participating in religious celebrations that I don't believe in for long periods of time. I already am forced to go to youth group and church on Sundays, and I always feel really bored and trapped during the services that are abnormally long.

yoooo i totally get this

im not a religious person but i was raised in a religious household and its honestly so painful D:

15 minutes ago, Rising Sun said:

O.o You don't like Easter chocolates and Easter bunnies either ?!

Day after Valentine's Day is the best holiday ever. :P

Being forced to go to church sounds awful.

I've been raised an atheist, but right now my family lives in an area where there are like three churches within walking distance. Recently somebody asked me what I was doing for Easter and I said I didn't celebrate it. They got very confused and asked me what church I went to xD

Archived