can aromantics feel dysphoria?

sxdbxtch

11 hours ago, sxdbxtch said:

sometimes i feel like im not right, that im broken and im not sure if this counts as dysphoria??

Dysphoria is often used in the context of sexuality and gender, as nonmerci already said. But I think your feeling of discomfort can count as dysphoria too.
At least according to Wikipedia it says:

Dysphoria (from Greek: δύσφορος (dysphoros), δυσ-, difficult, and φέρειν, to bear) is a profound state of unease or dissatisfaction. In a psychiatric context, dysphoria may accompany depression, anxiety, or agitation. Common reactions to dysphoria include emotional distress; in some cases, even physical distress. The opposite state of mind is known as euphoria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysphoria

*Gender* Dysphoria is obviously something different from general dysphoria. I'm not a psychologist but I think you could use the term to describe your difficult emotions because you seem to experience much unease and maybe even depression.
I think everyone who doesn't fit in the "norm" experiences sometimes feelings of they are broken, not alright, an outcast, etc. I saw this a lot with asexual people too.
It's very important to remember you are not broken just because you don't feel a certain way. I've felt broken a lot in my life, not only because of my aromanticism, and it helped me to remember everyone has their problems and difficult emotions no matter what the outer circumstances may be or who they are.

• Like 2

The term dysphoria is actually rather general.
Most references are about gender, often also physical rather than social.

Personally I don't see that much difference between trying to fit into an amantonormative society or a cisnormative one. In both cases there's the mismatch of "social paradigms". Even though the details differ.

• Like 2