Partial Poly relationships

LBMango

It occurred to me that one of the relationship styles that I could see working for me is what I'm tentatively calling "fractionamory". Because I only want part of the relationship that other people want, it might make sense for anyone I'm in a relationship with to be in another relationship that satisfies the parts that I can't. 

Is this a Thing? Basically an aro person being in one or more secondary relationships, but not being anyones primary?

Is there a better word for this? 

This makes a lot of sense! I'm not sure if there is another word for it, but I like fractionamory. I have definitely felt similarly sometimes, although I'm not sure it'd apply to me now anymore. Relationships are complex but "not being anyone's primary but being a secondary" is certainly nice-sounding. Thanks for sharing this. :) Maybe someone more in tune with the polyamory community may be able to answer as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 6:26 PM, LBMango said:

I only want part of the relationship that other people want, it might make sense for anyone I'm in a relationship with to be in another relationship that satisfies the parts that I can't.

My understanding is that that's exactly how many polyamorous relationships work :) 

Archived