Raphael

New word: shrugromantic

Do I want romance? *shrug*

Do I not want romance? *shrug*

Do I understand what romance is? *shrug*

Do I experience romantic attraction?  s h r u g

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is a very relateable term, to be honest! It hits points that are subtly different from similar terms like quoi/WTF-ro.

There are days I feel like this too, as part of being aroflux. Most of the time I can pinpoint where I am on the aro spectrum, but occasionally I'll just feel like this, where I won't know if I'm even aro in the first place but also won't feel I need to commit to figuring it out. Just a big shrug.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, running.tally said:

This is a very relateable term, to be honest! It hits points that are subtly different from similar terms like quoi/WTF-ro.

There are days I feel like this too, as part of being aroflux. Most of the time I can pinpoint where I am on the aro spectrum, but occasionally I'll just feel like this, where I won't know if I'm even aro in the first place but also won't feel I need to commit to figuring it out. Just a big shrug.

That's fascinating! My romantic orientation is one of the only things I'm not fluid about, tbh, but I often find it difficult to pinpoint. I'm definitely in the quoi-/WTF-ro general area, but there's also a whole mess of feelings about wanting some kind of romance but not actually caring enough about it to seek it out, and eventually the whole thing just collapses into a big shrug for me. An "if it happens, it happens, but I really don't care" mentality. But I love that it's relevant to your experience as well.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:50 AM, Holmbo said:

In that case I'm shrugsexual :D

Pretty sure I'm also shrug-gender some days, tbh. SHRUG IS THE HOT NEW PREFIX, IN STORES NOW; SHRUG ABOUT EVERYTHING WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS

On 8/2/2019 at 12:39 PM, Coyote said:

@fae

Darn, I missed out on this by just a few days, or else I could have included it as an option in the Romantic Ambivalence Poll.

Oh, too bad! I just took the survey and wrote it in, though!

• Like 2