zootopia

Holmbo

I freakin' loved it ! One of my most favourite animated film (and God knows, how many I've watch those xD) !

The film proves that you can enjoy it wheter you're a little kid or a functionnal adult, without a princess and her quest of ''true love'' or -as Chief Bogo puts it--"a cartoon musical where you sing a little song and all your insipid dreams magically come true."

Zootopia shattered all common clichés of the old Disney movies. The female protagonist is focused on her career. Willingness and/or hard work aren't enough to accomplish your dreams. The character aren't all good or bad, they have their flaws and they're all racists  and dishonest in their own way. Plus, the movie is in itself absent of romance, as the protagonists become friends and not lovers (Yay!)

And it fully uses its large audience to deliver a message against racism , that adults can fully grasped while kids can catch a glimpse of the harsh realities of prejudice and learn how wrong it is to have them.

So yeah, i quite like it :D

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 11/17/2017 at 7:16 AM, sarcastic kitten said:

I freakin' loved it ! One of my most favourite animated film (and God knows, how many I've watch those xD) !

The film proves that you can enjoy it wheter you're a little kid or a functionnal adult, without a princess and her quest of ''true love'' or -as Chief Bogo puts it--"a cartoon musical where you sing a little song and all your insipid dreams magically come true."

Zootopia shattered all common clichés of the old Disney movies. The female protagonist is focused on her career. Willingness and/or hard work aren't enough to accomplish your dreams. The character aren't all good or bad, they have their flaws and they're all racists  and dishonest in their own way. Plus, the movie is in itself absent of romance, as the protagonists become friends and not lovers (Yay!)

And it fully uses its large audience to deliver a message against racism , that adults can fully grasped while kids can catch a glimpse of the harsh realities of prejudice and learn how wrong it is to have them.

Ah, hate to break it to you guys, but much of a fandom ships them together romantically and sexually. Though there are people who prefer them as friends. Me, on the other hand? I initially did not see them as together in a relationship, only as friends. Later, I thought it would be better if they were shipped together. Now? I don’t mind as long as their relationship stays good. I think of their relationship as not romantic or sexual, but not platonic either. Something beyond platonic, but not romantic/sexual either. Maybe alterous? 

I found a good fanfiction of them in a QPR, loved it. I totally see that as that way, and close together, having deep affection and love for each other alterously. 

Zootopia (2016) is my favourite movie too! I loved how it was a city/world designed with mammals in mind, and for mammals only! And each species was unique and different, each of them being sized according to how are supposed to be! And the details too! Like Judy’s earphones, or the juice bars made convenient for all mammals, big and small!

On 11/17/2017 at 7:16 AM, sarcastic kitten said:

I like your points, and agree with a lot of them!

Edited by Storm_leopardcat
Spelling edit to points and spelled of as for accidentally