Greetings

Eklinaar

Hi!  I've met a few of you in Discord already, and I've been lurking on the forums for a couple weeks, and finally decided to join.  Nice community you have here.  I'm impressed with the discourse.

My labels: genderqueer, agender, aromantic, allosexual, polyamorous, white, introvert.  Sufferer of anxiety and depression, citizen of the US.

My story: I'm in my mid-30s, and I only realized last year that I'm aromantic. I dated regularly throughout my 20s, and I greatly enjoyed the emotional, physical, and sexual intimacy with those partners.  I had assumed that my obliviousness and lack of interest in romantic cues and traditions was just a quirk, and that my close friends were obsessed with romance.  A few years ago, I began facilitating a discussion group for a large private polyamory community, and I slowly realized that I experience intimacy in a significantly different way from how they report it.

In the past few years, I've had increasing difficulty forming connections.  I've identified a few factors involved, like developing severe depression and anxiety after exploring the trauma of growing up closeted genderqueer, the fact that my peers get "more serious" about romance as they get older, and that I realize now that I was repressing a lot of my needs with regards to intimacy in the past.  I've tried a few things, but I'm still very lonely and isolated, so I'm reaching out here.

Other things about me: I grow hot peppers and I obsess over them the way most people obsess over their cute children.  I have a degree in Religious Studies and I enjoy lengthy, ponderous discussions about a variety of topics like identity politics and communication theory.  I play a lot of video games, mostly Minecraft and strategy games.  I have a weakness for glamrock and some kinds of metal music.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Welcome! You already know me but hello anyway.

Most of the labels for me are in the sidebar already so I'm not sure what more to put here other than: Cuddlebunny.

Archived