I have a question..

So... I've felt romantic feelings in the past, but only once. and once that relationship ended, it broke me. before that I used to get crushes all the time. now I have lost that. I don't really feel anything romantically. I experience lust on occasion. but I cant see myself in a romantic relationship anymore. only a sexual one. what's going on with me?

There's nothing wrong with that. TBH I've only felt sexual attraction to another person once, five years ago. Since then I've identified as ace. I believe that gender, sexual and romantic orientation, are all fluid, and the validity of each doesn't need to be measured by consistency.

Thanks. this helped, I don't feel so alone now. I've been reading all these other comments and stuff they all are like "oh I felt this way all my life" and that's just...  how it is for me.

Late to the party here, but just thought I'd let you know that I agree with omitef! People change over time, and romantic and/or sexual identity is honestly more about vocabulary and ease of discussing your current feelings and experiences for me than anything else. If being aromantic fits how you feel you're perfectly welcome to identify that way, and if you ever find it doesn't describe you anymore it doesn't mean that you were wrong, it just means that these issues are complicated and fluid. I personally have been aro my whole life, but that doesn't make me any more or less valid than any other aro person. So, welcome to the site!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived