Boo

Yeah, the gender discussion section really brought me back to AVEN. I went a long while without really posting much, but what was originally just going to be a quiet one-off coming out to myself ended up becoming a bit more than that! xD Usually, I'm more of a lurker too, hence why I've seen your posts without really engaging in discussion. Still, it's nice to officially meet and I'm sure we'll get to chat a bit on here if I stop myself from lurking in the shadows too much!

Yeah, I've been trying to get more active in the gender discussion forums rather than just lurking, but I'm still a little bit weird with my gender identity. Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome! ^_^

Edit: Also, I think this just became the very first hot topic B|

Lurking in the gender forum is one of my favorite things to do on AVEN.  I really have anything to contribute there myself, but I find it totally fascinating.  I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! xD

Also, you totally are the first hot topic!  Congratulations!

4 minutes ago, deltaX said:

Lurking in the gender forum is one of my favorite things to do on AVEN.  I really have anything to contribute there myself, but I find it totally fascinating.

Pretty much this for me as well. I don't know what to say, but everybody else posts really interesting stuff. And thanks! :)

Even posting a fair amount in the gender forums, I've really enjoyed the lurking too! I didn't lurk too much before I figured myself out because I had some weird "this is my struggle and my struggle alone" complex going. Ironically, one of the big turning points for me came from lurking, as someone shared "The Null HypotheCis" and everything just seemed to slowly come into focus. I know what it's like still not quite knowing how to articulate your experience of gender, and sometimes just silently lurking does more than posting could. Plus, I agree that it's pretty interesting to listen to everyone's experience with the topic, even when reading about experiences that don't totally line up with your own.

Also, this is a pretty cool thread for the forum's first hot topic :P

Hi, Simowl! Nice to see you :)

Hmm, I'll have to read that. I like lurking there because it's a really positive, supportive place and it's interesting to read other people's experiences and advice.

And I have to agree, I'm really liking this forum right now. I just figured out how to make a signature ^_^

I find it kind of funny how this is a new site, so this topic, while only having 10 replies, is considered a "hot topic." xD Anyway, as a bit of a newbie and lurker on AVEN myself, have seen all of you there quite a bit, although I wouldn't be surprised if no one saw me. My most used name was Epic Potato, but I just changed today to Spud because I thought it sounded cool haha.

Despite identifying as my assigned sex, I suspect my experience with gender isn't a "typcial" cis-female experience with gender, and I feel like reading through the gender forum has helped me a lot in understanding how other people experience gender.  Almost everyone in the gender forum experiences something different to me, and it's so interesting and informative to read through.

Also, hello Spud/Epic Potato!  I know you from the CAPS LOCK club on AVEN, and it's good to see you here as well. :)  I didn't notice that you changed you name on AVEN yet, so now I have insider scoop on who the "new" Spud person is! xD 

1 hour ago, deltaX said:

Despite identifying as my assigned sex, I suspect my experience with gender isn't a "typcial" cis-female experience with gender, and I feel like reading through the gender forum has helped me a lot in understanding how other people experience gender.  Almost everyone in the gender forum experiences something different to me, and it's so interesting and informative to read through.

Also, hello Spud/Epic Potato!  I know you from the CAPS LOCK club on AVEN, and it's good to see you here as well. :)  I didn't notice that you changed you name on AVEN yet, so now I have insider scoop on who the "new" Spud person is! xD 

I am cis, too, and the gender forum is really intriguing to me. I lurk on there a lot, but I don't even think I have ever posted there.

Also, congratulations on having the "inside scoop" (laughs because ice cream pun, intentional or not). Some people have been surprised about who I am, but really, my name is slang for potato. It wouldn't be *too* hard to figure out anyway, haha.

It probably wouldn't be too hard, but I'm super slow with name changes.  I appreciate the ice cream pun though!  Every time something from here gets brought to AVEN we need to make constant puns about how we had the inside scoop. xD

Archived