girls at my school keep barking at me?

All it is, is a targeted harassment campaign. The only way to get them to stop is to show ZERO reaction to them and eventually they'll leave you alone.

I've had experience with stuff like this before, And if they've stopped for a while and started again still show ZERO reaction.

9 minutes ago, Collie said:

I've heard of people doing this when they see furries, but I assume you're not walking around in a fursuit

Oh my gosh, there’s this one kid in my school who treats my friend like crap for liking to draw furries. It annoys me to no end. XD

This has happened to me once or twice and I can’t even imagine how awful it is for people to keep acting like this to you . Do you live in the US? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, but especially if they perceive you as female (whether or not it’s your gender, idk what it is) then this could very much be taken as sexual harassment and admin have to help you because of the law

Edited by EternallyTBD

On 5/19/2023 at 2:07 AM, EternallyTBD said:

This has happened to me once or twice and I can’t even imagine how awful it is for people to keep acting like this to you . Do you live in the US? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, but especially if they perceive you as female (whether or not it’s your gender, idk what it is) then this could very much be taken as sexual harassment and admin have to help you because of the law

Bullies love operating in that gray zone, where their harassment is too hurtful to just ignore, but remains below that red line of delinquency, so they can act all innocent later and blame the victim for overreacting.

I fear that's how it would end here, if you talk with the school authorities: "Oh... it was just 'woof'! She should've told us that she was soooo sensitive."

Disclaimer: I don't have any experience with US situation. I just assume the majority of teachers there are as lazy and useless regarding bullying as anywhere else.

On 5/18/2023 at 3:40 AM, Cal said:

I don't know why or what they're doing but I'm tired of it.

How do I get them to stop? They're so annoying and It's weird.

There's no good solution to bullying, at least I don't know any. It really sucks. Back in the day, I just beat those kids.

Ignoring may help in mild cases, but sometimes it makes them escalate. Also, they may still notice it affects you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 9:40 PM, Cal said:

I don't know why or what they're doing but I'm tired of it.

How do I get them to stop? They're so annoying and It's weird.

Unfortunately there's no good way to get rid of it until they get tired of it or you leave the school. You could try reacting in a really 'normal' way, like acting freaked out a bit like they're being weird and irrational for doing this (which they ARE), as long as you don't overdo it. Some advice, though: do NOT react in any extreme way, that'll make it a lot worse

19 minutes ago, AromanticAardvark said:

Unfortunately there's no good way to get rid of it until they get tired of it or you leave the school. You could try reacting in a really 'normal' way, like acting freaked out a bit like they're being weird and irrational for doing this (which they ARE), as long as you don't overdo it. Some advice, though: do NOT react in any extreme way, that'll make it a lot worse

It just encourages people to react aggressively. It’s strange how that works because a warning sign can become and invitation really fast. XD