this song?

do this song affect you emotionally? can you relate to this song? do you like this song? 

I really love this song. I don't know if that makes me romantic? maybe I am just being amatonormative for even thinking that this song has to be romantic though. or maybe I am just being overthinking lil me. or maybe it is because it reminds me of one of the four people who i ended up feeling romatnic towards,, and therefore it is encapturing the pain i felt when she fell away from me romantically as i started to actually feel romantically towards her in a fit of irony. 

idk. but how do you feel/relate to this song? 

In my old school in KS3 drama we always would listen to Outro by XX and I didn't like drama and that song was played too much and now when I hear any XX I get really on edge because of my bad memories of drama lessons. Also it never climaxes but keeps building and without the satisfaction of a climax I get frustrated (you could even say that a song with no peak is just so peak). But what do I know? You can like a song without being romantic btw because it's not just lyrics; it's melody, harmony, tempo, instrumentation, tonality & texture too!

I think you mean intro by xx. actually that is one of my favorite songs xD I like it for the very reason you don't - the building up of it, it's become one of  a few songs which I can listen to when I'm trying to neutralize my emotions. heh. 

I also realized after posting the post. that I was meshing my reaction to that song with an earlier song in the album - so my association with it as "romantic" is actually due to context from a song whose lyrics are more clearly romantic than this song heh. altho.. this is a very emotionally moving album for me in general. 

I think that you are right about how we find a song to be good for more reasons than just its lyrics. for the majority of my life - I couldn't hear lyrics at all anyway, I struggle to re member them and almost every song I like is because of elements in songs other than lyrics - voice, instrument, idk. 

and another thing too that I am thinking. is that maybe appreciating the power emotions portrayed in a romantic story - can just be about appreciating how well the artist's decisions in their  creation is affecting me emotionally. in fact... even though I recognise these pieces as romantic, and often think of the few people who I have felt romantic towards - I am not feeling "romantic" emotions really. the emotions I am feeling are all - pride and honor during the good parts, and fear and pain during the bad. and tbh I am more so reminded of just the way I've felt as I struggle to connect with friends, especially in potential qpf scenarios (times when it was almost obvious to me the lack of romantic feelings)

I surprisingly was able to make it through the whole song. It did have an interesting sound at first, and wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it isn't something I could really get in to. I also was starting to get bored with it half way through, as it was sounding rather repetitive, as well as it being a lot slower to what I usually listen to.

17 hours ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

The XX is odd. They certainly have a unique style you don't hear often, which is refreshing. Could the never ending crescendo of Intro be because it's the first track of an album and it's leading into the second song?

If so then I guess I'll just have to keep disliking it if played by itself.

Archived