Struggling with Life

anon1212

Life has been extremely difficult for me lately. Well actually for a while. I left my job at the end of July 2021. I wanted to find a new job and I thought that I had saved up enough money until I'd be able to find another one. After putting in so many applications and not hearing back from any or getting an interview and just not the job, I started feeling discouraged. And money started running out quickly. I stopped eating out and drinking coffee so help with money issues and I've gotten "thinner" since but I'm not sure if it because of the diet changes or the stress I've been feeling without working or having money. Now I have a significant other who is extremely financially and emotionally supportive but I feel like a burden and like I want to do things on my own. I feel weighed down by keeping things in and not sharing what I go through, but he has so much to deal with on his own. I tend to keep things to myself and pretend that I'm okay. Around Thanksgiving/Christmas time of 2021, my significant other's mom said that I looked like I was losing weight. I've noticed my sleep habits getting worse. I've gotten an outbreak of finger warts that have been around for several months. I recently burned my leg pretty badly (it was a huge blister) in January of 2023 and since then noticed little marks on my body that remind me of when I had a staph infection in high school, so I don't know if the burn caused a staph infection itself. I've still been out of work because I don't interview very well (I think its the anxiety that gets the best of me). And going to the doctor is not financially feasible because I just don't have money. I feel like I'm in a never-ending cycle of torture. I cry almost every day and I feel like its affecting my health. I've been having leg cramps, chest pains, abdominal pains, and I can't even find out if its psycho-symptomatic versus something real because of the money issue. I think that it's also affecting my immune system. I want to work so badly, obviously for financial reasons but also because I want to know if these symptoms will go away is the stress is alleviated. As far as the stress and anxiety goes, I can't even see a therapist because I'm so financially depleted. I've been stressing since I left my job. And I just don't know where to turn or what to do. All I do is worry and stress to the point that I can't focus on anything or make the next decision. Has anyone ever felt like this? What did you do to overcome it? Do you have any suggestions for me? Please help me. I will take any suggestions. Thanks.

I'm so sorry 😞. I really hope you can get better in all aspects of your life. I've never had a job since I'm a minor but I know it must be hard. I wish you the best of luck in life, and I know you can get through this.

• Like 1

It sounds like depression. If you can't afford therapy, try to open up about it with your closed ones, they can at least offer emotional support. I also think there are free hotline you can call for help, you'll find the one in your country if you google them. Making researches and finding internet support groups can also help.

I had my biggest depression when I was doing a job that wasn't good at (well maybe I could have been good at it if I had tried it at a different time,, but that's not the question). The depression disappeared when the job changed. So it is indeed possible that you stop feeling like this if you job situation changed. However, it may took more time for healing completely, as depression can damage your self-esteem. It was the case for me. But you see, now I am perfectly happy. So yeah, you won't always feel like that, it gets better.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 3:23 PM, Isa1116 said:

I'm so sorry 😞. I really hope you can get better in all aspects of your life. I've never had a job since I'm a minor but I know it must be hard. I wish you the best of luck in life, and I know you can get through this.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. Good luck to you as well.

On 4/13/2023 at 3:57 PM, alto said:

7cups is a free therapy site.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will check them out today.

On 4/13/2023 at 4:23 PM, nonmerci said:

It sounds like depression. If you can't afford therapy, try to open up about it with your closed ones, they can at least offer emotional support. I also think there are free hotline you can call for help, you'll find the one in your country if you google them. Making researches and finding internet support groups can also help.

I had my biggest depression when I was doing a job that wasn't good at (well maybe I could have been good at it if I had tried it at a different time,, but that's not the question). The depression disappeared when the job changed. So it is indeed possible that you stop feeling like this if you job situation changed. However, it may took more time for healing completely, as depression can damage your self-esteem. It was the case for me. But you see, now I am perfectly happy. So yeah, you won't always feel like that, it gets better.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried some of them but I will keep trying.