The love of friendship

Karasu

I don't know if it's just me or other aromantic people. but i just love my friends. I feel so much for them, love to give them little gifts or help them - just love them so much. but not in a romantic way. and I think that often it's just me who feels this way and others don't consider friendship to be so strong and emotional.

Alice Oseman got to the heart of this in her book loveless.

"I've learnt some things. [...] Like the way friendship can be just as intense, beautiful and endless as romance. Like the way, there is love  everywhere around me - there is love for my friend's, love in my paintings, there is love for myself"

So which experiences do you have with this? 🧡

Edited by Milenea
  • Like 5

I wish I loved my friends more than I do. It's not that I don't care for them it's just hard for me to feel connected to someone. I'm generally comfortable with most people and like meeting new ones so my friends don't stand out as much from everyone else.

• Like 2

I feel what you mean. My friends are really close to me, and I love them a lot. It might be a part of my aroness that creates this, since I fear a lot people liking me in a romantic way, and I know that these specific people will never do that to me

• Like 1

I'm not sure. I mean I enjoy spending time with them, and I obviously care about them a lot, but I'm not sure if these feelings could be classified as loving them. It might be because even though I get attached easily (or at least I think I do), I'm having trouble with feeling connected to the other person. 

I don't know if it makes sense, but it's the only way of an explanation I could think of.

Edited by Keith
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 7:18 AM, Atypique said:

I feel what you mean. My friends are really close to me, and I love them a lot. It might be a part of my aroness that creates this, since I fear a lot people liking me in a romantic way, and I know that these specific people will never do that to me

oh yes, this! Friendship is just a great safe haven

• Like 1