Article I wrote on amatonormativity in relationship advice

The number of articles like that compared to how few there are criticizing them made me feel the need to do something. Glad you didn't have to read that article, I only read that crap to inform my activism goals and criticize it.

• Thanks 1

Amazing article, and thank you so much for being willing to write about these things! We as a community def need more visibility about amatonormativity so people can stop perpetuating it (and the example you showed in the first part of the article had me seeing red. Your friendships shouldn't define your relationships, and vice versa

I really like your article for a whole bunch of reasons. I'm glad you pointed out that therapist's use of "converted"! That gave me the creepy-crawlies. A romantic relationship isn't "more worthy" than any other human connection--and I think there are a lot of people out there whose romantic relationships are less healthy than their long-term friendships. Society needs to unpack amatonormativity.