does anyone else feel like this?

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

for context, i’m grey aroace.

i always hear people talk about how it was hard to accept being acespec, and even more difficult to accept arospec, but i didn’t find it that way.

both were pretty easy for my to come to terms with. really i think it made me feel better to know my label. i mean yeah, it’s a little sad, but it doesn’t really hurt that bad? i dunno. did anyone else feel like this?

4 answers to this question

yes. ive been strictly aro my entire life and since i didnt live in an amanormative community i didnt feel alienated nor oppressed. when i discovered theres a term for my lack of romantic attraction i happily identified as such. its extremely easy for me to accept myself bc my feelings are really straightforward and im lucky to have a pretty good life thus far

Yeah there are times where I've struggled with my orientation but I found out about aromanticism pretty young and had no trouble accepting it. I was just like, "oh, that's what I am, that makes sense!"

oh absolutely. i have really supportive friends that accepted me being aro super easily. (though that might be cause i went through more labels than there is letters in the alphabet but oh well) i never really minded it, i never had crushes or cared much for marriage or kids so i adjusted pretty easily. i occasionally have moments where i get upset about it but im happy as i am