Discussion on things an aromantic person SHOULDN'T DO? Learning from mistakes.

Ted guy

Now that I realize I'm aromantic, I've learnt the hard way 2 things I shouldn't do.

1. BE CAREFUL ABOUT BEING NICE!!! 

Consequence: It can cause the people to get suspicious, or the recipient to become attracted to you.

At my job I ended up getting in trouble because people were suspicious why I was being nice to a group of people.

At the time I didn't have a freaking clue what I was in trouble for. I was confused for a year.

I thought to myself "What? Do they think by giving things I'm trying to land in the bedroom with them?"

This was one of the biggest things that led me to learn I was aromantic.

--------------------

2. DON'T STARE AT PEOPLE!

Consequence: It makes them think you're giving the green light for a relationship or sex.

This part I don't understand at all.

When I look at people it's just because I'm trying to indicate I want to socialize. Or that I like their style that day, something complementary.

This often time goes into another direction where they interpret that as some kind of romantic interest.

It boggles my mind. I don't understand why they interpret it like that.

Edited by Ted guy
  • Like 2

• Ted guy changed the title to Discussion on things an aromantic person SHOULDN'T DO? Learning from mistakes.

Don't get in a relationship just to get in a relationship.  If you get in a relationship (you can if you want, there's no rule saying you can't), make sure you have a damn good reason.

• Like 3