I have a crush on my aroace best friend

Guest she’s gay but hs

Question

Guest she’s gay but hs

My friend is aroace and non binary, and I know that they would never want to be anything more than a friend with me. I’m not straight and they know this as well. I’m on the ace spectrum but I do feel attraction. I think I have a crush on them. 
I would be really embarrassed if they ever found out about how I felt, so I’ve not been any different. I love having them as my bestie and I don’t want to ruin our relationship at all. Any suggestions on what I can do to avoid them noticing?

3 answers to this question

Do you think you are good at keeping feelings secret without being „cold“ or hurting yourself? why do you think it would be embarrassing? Do you th8nk, letting them know would change the realationship you both have or could you both get along with it?

maybe you could ask them (hypothetically^^) if they would like (in general) to know whether someone of their friends has a crush on them or not?

i don‘t know them so I can‘t decide for you. But I guess if your friendship is strong the truth should not destroy it (maybe you should make clear you do not expect anything from them). I mean, I know from my own experience that it’s sometimes hard to hear about (romantic) feelings from friends and I guess it can be very hard to talk to friends about (romantic) feelings. But I‘m not sure if it‘s always the best to keep emotions secret… also, being honest can be very I,portent in a friendship

In case you don’t want to tell them (totally fair!): you wrote that you haven‘t been any different. If you are able to stay the same bestie as you‘ve been before and do the same stuff with them etc I think that should work? I myself sometimes notice feelings from other persons in the way they look at me, so maybe you could pay attention if you look at them very different as you look at others?