I am genuinely confused

Someone

Question

So my name is Kaz, and I’m 19, and unsure of everything. I have never had a LGBTQ friend, because where I’m from, there are none. I think I may be asexual, but I’m scared and I don’t know what that will mean for me, my life, and family. I guess what I’m asking is, how did you know? How do I find people like me? What does being asexual really mean? Please, anyone who knows anything, or even if you don’t, tell me I’m not alone. You don’t have to be asexual. You can be anyone, I’m just looking for people who knows what this feels like.

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

hi i'm an asexual and for me i still question whether i am ace because i'm kinda young. so i identify as aroace because that's what feels right and i just keep an open mind so if by some odd chance i get sexually attracted to someone then i figure it out from there and personally i think that is the best thing anyone can do.  It's perfectly fine to be scared and confused because i was too. Don't worry about what your sexuality will mean to anyone else just find what feels right to you no one else's opinion truly matters.  I knew when other people around me started talking about and feeling things i wasn't so after some time i found asexuality and at first i wasn't sure but then i thought about it and just went with it because it felt right.To find people like you sometimes you just stumble upon them randomly otherwise you could find other aces on here or you could go on AVEN. Being asexual means different things to everyone, to me it means i feel no sexual attraction and i am usually sex-repulsed.  I definitely know what this feels like and you are not alone you are 100% valid no matter how you identify. 

• Thanks 1

Originally in my school, there weren’t any members of the LGBTQIA+ community either, or so we thought. A few years later and there’s over 40 of us (estimate) that are open and attend the school’s ‘gay club’. 

I realised I was asexual quite a few years ago, it was when a couple of people were chatting about how attractive this man was and they’d love to… uh, you know, to him. I was really confused at the time, and wondered how that worked. How can you look at someone and think that? Alright, it’s a body, cool. Why would that make me want to have s*x? I explained all my feelings to a friend and they recommended that I researched the ‘asexual’ term. 

Bear in mind that not all asexuals feel the same way, and there are lots of umbrella terms you can research until you find one that fits you.

But honestly, nothing has to change if you don’t want it to! And if you find you do feel that kind of attraction, then that’s cool too. It takes time to find your own identity, but we’re here to help in the mean time :D

• Thanks 1

I'm still not sure if I'm asexual but I've not had sex in a decade and I don't miss it. The reason I've questioned if I'm asexual is because I do feel turned on at times, sometimes it comes from seeing a person I think is good looking. But since it's very rarely followed by the interest to actually do sexual activities with them I don't count it as sexual attraction. The closest I've come to sexual interst is wanting to make out with someone or touch their body.

I enjoy masturbation. It's kinda like a yoga for me.

Edited by Holmbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1