I'm genuinely scared my friend might like me?

Alright first off, I don't want to be anything more than friends, as my squishes have been few and far...and crushes non-existent. And then they said that we were more than friends and that I knew what that meant. Oh also I ended the qpr that I was in with this person. But like I'm really scared that they might be attracted to me. He's one of the few people that I hang out with, and I know I need to really set my boundaries with this person, as he literally feels like a brother...so yeah. Basically how on mother fucking earth do I set boundaries without anyone getting hurt?

I mean.... IDK. I've turned someone down before in the blunt way I usually do (just saying "Sorry, but I don't like you back") and since they were a good friend, we eventually just laughed it off and it was all fine in the end. But my friend is different then yours and I have no idea how emotionally sensitive he is, or how he reacts to being turned down. What I want to say is that "If he really is that good of a friend, he'll be fine with just being friends" but even though that's true, I don't know how long it might take for him to be fine with being friends again. And that time in between will suck. And who knows what might happen after.

So in short, you know him best, so this is the best I could say. Maybe ask other people who are close to him, and have them help you figure it out. I guess it comes down to whether or not your willing to lose him, and for how long.

Sorry,

Andri the Arrow

• Like 3

Okay, good to know, I've decided that I'm going to talk to him because it's best to talk it out, so yeah :), also thank you.

Update: I talked to them and it went wonderfully, so hurrah! 

Edited by piroshki101
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 6:26 PM, piroshki101 said:

Okay, good to know, I've decided that I'm going to talk to him because it's best to talk it out, so yeah :), also thank you.

Update: I talked to them and it went wonderfully, so hurrah! 

Good job! I'm glad I could do something useful for once

• Like 1