Am I aro?

Unsure

Hello, 

I think I might be aromantic. I’ve never really understood why dating is so important and I get confused when I find out how intense people get over their partners and/or crushes and over dating overall. It could be because I’ve never had a partner or a real crush before so that could factor into the confusion. When I think about how I would feel about being in a relationship the main emotions are indifference and confusion. I don’t date and I don’t really care to, personally from what I’ve heard it sounds incredibly draining and an overall waste of my time. However now I’m at the age where I’m actively confronted with the expectation that I will. But I’m pretty young (16) so maybe everyone is right about the whole “Right Person” thing. I also hav trouble with understanding people in general so maybe I’m just shy and lying to myself. While I don’t exactly want to date another person I also don’t want to be alone. I’m not even sure if what I’m saying makes sense but if it does could I be aromantic? 

Edited by Unsure

• Unsure changed the title to Am I aro?

I think you could be but it's up to you to decide if you want to label yourself as aro. And you don't need to have a label.If this label is what you feel comfortable with now then you should use it and if it changes in the future it's fine if it doesn't that's fine too. :)

If the aromantic label resonates with you, feel free to use it. If later on you do develop romantic attraction (it could happen), you can just drop the label, no big deal.