I'm tired of people trying to play matchmaker

Collie

Ugh. So one of my friends is trying to set me up with her god parent. To explain, I'm out as gay, not aro or greyaro. So I told her upfront: "if he just wants a friend that's perfectly fine. But I'm gay, I don't want a man."

And yet she's still trying to set me up saying he likes me.

I'm going to shit bricks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yeah.

I have had several guys express interest in me, and it's awkward as heck. One of my good friends (who is mentally disabled) keeps saying he wants to date me and I have to keep telling him I don't like him like that. Another friend asked me out last year, but at least he's been understanding about my rejection. Another guy hasn't expressed interest to my face but I suspected it and he tried to get a job at my workplace while apparently telling my boss how great he thinks I am. 

Like, if you like me and want to ask me out, that's fine, shoot your shot I guess. I'll say no, but still. But don't be weird or creepy or persistent about it. 

• Like 3

On 7/17/2022 at 11:05 PM, Collie said:

And yet she's still trying to set me up saying he likes me.

Why do people do that? It is so disrespectful! Why does it matter if he likes you? That doesn't change anything >:(

• Like 2