Cupioromantics: What made you know you were Cupioromantic?

Soooo~  Hi again, 

Last night I could sleep, I was thinking about was I really completely Aro, I told my mom that afternoon I was thinking I was Aromantic, because she literally wanted to start a conversation with "So, anyone you like?" My aro-spec self cringed and I went ahead and told her, that I was thinking I was Aromantic. Roughly an hour later she googled the term "aromantic" and she basically yelled at me and lectured me about how I was "heartless" I had to explain to her what it actually meant before it went further. So she now understands what aromantic means, however now that she brings up the fact that during High School she didn't find anyone attractive until she left high school, made me think about whether or not I was completely Aromantic, as I did long for some companionship before. I am curious whether I may be cupioromantic, or if there is another term similar about how im feeling 

Thanks

-William

:papo:

• Like 1

I'm still questioning how ace/aro I really am, but for me it's that I do genuinely like being the object of my boyfriend's romantic preoccupations. I don't think I've ever really felt about him the way he feels about me (e.g., he seems much more like, infatuated with me and traditionally "in love" whereas I tend to kind of view myself as a separate entity who is emotionally close to him when he is around but otherwise just sort of go throughout life by myself), but I do genuinely enjoy when he's physically close to me. I don't really know what else separates "romantic relationship" from "very close platonic relationship" but, at least for me, being in a romantic relationship allows me a certain grace to be vulnerable that other relationships don't allow me.  However, I am also a) sexually involved with him which, I think, changes dynamics (e.g., to me sex is romance and romance is sex, but idk how true that really is in the long run), and b) I've always struggled with making friends and so maybe he's simply the first real close friend I've ever had, lol. Whatever it is, though, I truly like being involved with it.

• Like 1

It's not really possible to "know" since all these things are just labels we choose for ourselves to fit our experience. You could Id as cupid romantic if you want. And if you change your mind later it's entirely valid.

• Like 1

I found it when I realised that while I didn't have romantic attraction often, I fantasised having a romantic relationship regardless. I was hesitant to call myself cupio- though as I heard rumours the label was "problematic" but after that dispelled, it's a term I strongly relate to now.