Is this a date? My aro brain can not figure it out

Tinkere

So this dude that I’m friends with that 100% has a crush on me asked me today if I wanted to go watch this movie with him and this other guy we’re friends with next week, normally, I’m not much of a social person at all, so it typically takes me like a whole year or so before I actually get comfy asking someone to hang out outside of said organization where we met. (not sure if other people normally feel the same). The other dude that he invited has tried to wingman several times, so I’m just feeling like this is basically a date except with a third wheel so it isn’t awkward?? My aro ass genuinely cannot tell if this is a date or just a hangout, please help- I’ve never gone out with anyone before and I have zero experience on what to even know what counts as a date

2 hours ago, Tinkere said:

So this dude that I’m friends with that 100% has a crush on me asked me today if I wanted to go watch this movie with him and this other guy we’re friends with next week, normally, I’m not much of a social person at all, so it typically takes me like a whole year or so before I actually get comfy asking someone to hang out outside of said organization where we met. (not sure if other people normally feel the same). The other dude that he invited has tried to wingman several times, so I’m just feeling like this is basically a date except with a third wheel so it isn’t awkward?? My aro ass genuinely cannot tell if this is a date or just a hangout, please help- I’ve never gone out with anyone before and I have zero experience on what to even know what counts as a date

Do you feel safe or comfortable asking directly if it's a date? Would you feel better with having the "third wheel" friend there?

Hard to tell without asking directly I’m afraid… You say he has a crush on you so I guess it could be a sort of date?
It reminds me of a similar experience I had years ago were the third wheel cancelled at the last moment which meant I was alone with the guy who asked me to come over and watch a movie. Nothing came of it because I had no idea this was the whole plan. I didn’t know the guy had a crush on me so I was like, ‘oh too bad our mutual friend had to cancel. Well the movie was nice so I’ll be going now, bye!’ Only when the third wheel later asked about the ‘date’ did I realise it was all part of the plan. I was not amused…

Anyway, I’m not saying that is what this guy is going for, but you won’t know without asking. If you are not comfortable with that maybe just politely decline?

• Like 2