What is allos' problem?

DaviM703

The person I've had a squish on for over 2 months now says she apparently doesn't do friendship beyond just talking in class except with her girlfriend. I don't get how it's healthy to depend on one person to this degree as a matter of personal policy. What makes it even worse is how friendly she is all the time to everyone around her. Like as long as it's clear she's in a relationship obviously no one will feel anything for her that they think something can come from, like her alloness and caring most about romantic relationships means obviously squishes either don't exist or don't make anyone feel anything significant. I wish people who had no interest whatsoever in friendship with anyone could at least not be so nice to me.

• Sad 5

Wow, that really sucks :-/ Why wouldn’t people want friends anyway? Like you said, depending on one person does not seen healthy. What is she going to do when the relationship with her girlfriend ends? Is that why she is acting so friendly, so she has ‘backups’ around her? I’m so sorry you had to go through this :(

• Like 1

Update: there was some level of misunderstanding and she does consider me a friend. I know she has a lot on her plate with classes as the semester is almost over and with work; I still feel a little concerned about how much she seems to depend on one person for pretty much everything but also have hope that I might be able to become better friends with her by talking in the summer or as stuff in the relationship changes since it still seems like the honeymoon phase.

• Like 4