Aro visibility/pride day

The most visible parts of LGBTQ+ community celebrate their visibility or have their awareness weeks/months even a few times in a year (including or not, the national visibility/awareness celebrations, too). What do you think about to pick a day to make it an aromantic visibility (or pride) day? I'm thinking of 8 of August because this number (8) looks like a 'turned' infinite symbol which can be interpreted as a symbol of aromantic spectrum.

In my opinion, an ASVD would help to raise awareness of arospec persons existence because it makes people to think, remember 'there's something on this day', even if in the beginning would be a few persons outside the arospec community who remember it.

Aromantic Spectrum Awareness Week is actually coming up! It's Feb 20-26 this year. There's also Aggressively Arospec Week, which is for arospec-focused fan content, and Aggressively Arospectacular, which is for original content made by arospec creators. Those two events are run by the same blog, here.

I feel like there's also an aro day during pride month but I'm not totally sure.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Apex said:

I feel like there's also an aro day during pride month but I'm not totally sure.

This one during pride month doesn't count. People usually even don't pay attention for it.

31 minutes ago, Apex said:

Aromantic Spectrum Awareness Week is actually coming up

I'm talking about other thing. Like, there's AAW and two other days marked in different months, so why don't mark some dates for aro pride/visibility?

22 hours ago, Rony said:

so why don't mark some dates for aro pride/visibility?

I guess the difficulty is putting the effort in to make it happen.

I swear I have seen a few days being marked in the past but if it is just one person pushing for it then it becomes very hard to get anything going. In an already small number of aros, and an even smaller number who are interested in activism, and an even smaller number who are available for that day things just get difficult.

I guess it is less that we should have an aro pride day but more how to get some of the bigger aro advocacy groups/people in on the project to make it work well.