Does anyone even remember what having a crush is like

Guest Yas girl 8

Guest Yas girl 8

I haven’t experienced a crush since grade 3 and it has been so weird with all my friends telling me about their crushes. I don’t understand the concept of love anymore

16 hours ago, Guest Yas girl 8 said:

I don’t understand the concept of love anymore

I don't think I ever have, but I imagine it would be like bread some kinds of bread have different flavors then others. lots of people like white bread (comparing to romance). but some people are special and don't like white bread and like pumpkin/banana and other types bread instead (comparing to platonic/aesthetic attraction). I imagine it to be like that. 

Edited by Jackson_Glass
sorry if I misspell some things the combination of my n key being really hard to press and dyslexia it's a bit hard

Barely remember it but one thing I remember is wanting more one on one time with him than I would with other friends. I don't even know if it was full on romantic attraction, could've just been a squish + me being lonely and desiring companionship so I kinda latched onto him.

Before that, in elementary school my "crushes" were just people I thought were cool. Think I did the pretending to have a crush thing.

No, never had a crush. Never EVER. A few women/girls and one man had very obvious and undeniable crushes on me. Which I found extremely weird and unnerving. No humble bragging, it’s the truth.

Only in this sense I remember what a crush is like.

I’m human, and humans are all around me. I interact with humans every day (can’t say that about animals). It’s my species so contrary to even very human-adapted animals (like dogs or cats), I should easily comprehend their behavior. But when a crush is directed at me, those humans seem to morph into eerie, scary alien xenomorphs.

Now you might say: “But aren’t humans all very, very different in their characters and interests? You never can fully understand all humans.” – Yes, this is correct.

But all other differences, as strange as they may seem to me, just pale compared to alloromanticism.

I have like a visceral, fundamental aversion to alloromanticism. I just cannot help it.

I’m also totally clueless at an age when I really should not still be clueless: Alloromantics describe their crushes like an heroin high. But they have their normal responsibilities – alloromantics do not go on sick leave when they have a crush! I just do not understand how this works…

Edited by DeltaV
  • Like 1

Kind of, it's been awhile since I've had one, but that person was always in my head, it almost always influenced the decisions I made (what to wear, what to say), and it was always nerve wracking talking to them. Looking back, it was a very anxiety inducing experience, honestly not worth the trouble. 0/10 product, would not recommend.