How to look androgynous? Any advice? What does it look like for u?

Ikarus

After being on this forum, I know there are those who want to appear androgynous. What does it look like for you?

For me…

Mens fashion often looks very boxed in and uniform. Womens fashion looks alright… for women… but not for me. 
 Thats my opinion…

Ok for reference. im amab, im pretty skinny, long legs, long brown/ black straight hair.

Some ideas ive already got. I dont think I would mind leggings, painted nails, or a little make up, just not a lot or else I will look like a clown. I think stomachs look aesthetically pleasing, but dont know how to show off my stomach. No skirts / dresses, only typical female type clothing is leggings/ small amount of makeup.

thats me so far, other than that Ive got nothing.

For the rest of you i’m very curious about what you would call androgynous.

• Like 1

Something I like to do is wear crop tops with an open button-up or jacket on top. This way, I can show my stomach while still hiding my silhouette.

I like wearing skirts sometimes, but only if they're long and loose. I usually combine them with large t-shirts or sweaters to make the outfit look more androgynous.

In general, I like to wear loose clothes and a lot of jewelry, but I try not to overthink my outfits too much and just wear what I want.

I recommend checking out Iris Olympia's videos on androgynous style and outfit ideas. I find them very helpful.

Edited by sol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched some of Iris’s videos, and was hella inspired. Finally my fashion future is becoming more real and less theoretical.

Crop tops, now I like that. Have you considered crop top sweat shirts? Those look cool… Iris’s gender euphoric outfit made me go, hold up! Why didn’t I think of wearing a tied t-shirt underneath a crop top. So simple, subtle look, brilliant! 

Just wanted to share my excitement, and thanks again @sol!

• Like 1

I haven’t been dressing androgynous for too long but I tend to go a bit more on the masculine side since I’m AFAB. I like doing a more masculine button down open with a feminine top under it. I once did an outfit with a black babydoll like dress with leggings and a oversized men’s sweater over top with chunky shoes. I just try to balance the feminine and masculine things in the outfit to how I’m feeling.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

The easiest way is to grow long hair, work on your facial expressions, touch up your eyebrows a little and darken the corners of your eyes. I do this every day. You can also wear clothes that make your body more fragile and thin. Crop tops can make your waist thinner. It always works. Try changing your clothing style to something more classic but not always strict. Look at Timothy Chalamet's outfits. He's my ideal style for guys. Since I graduated from nail technician schools, I've been doing my nails myself. Of course, worn black nail polish like a rockstar is grunge, but it's not sexy. I like a neat-colored manicure that emphasizes my androgyny and strangeness.

Edited by mistiseneca
  • Like 1