anyone else feel like they're aromantic but still desires a partnered and/or significant and/or commited relationship?

Just a Bear

There are a lot of things that make me think I'm aromantic, but I feel so hesitant to use the label because I definitely want a partner. I want a significant person in my life, someone who I can hang out with and do things with on a regular basis. And I want someone who I can trust will be still with me in the future. 

I always thought that was what romance was, but romance is about stuff like romantic gestures, about intimacy, and about loving someone more than anyone else and putting their interest above your own and above other friends. And those things I just don't have any desire for. 

So I'm wondering if there are other people who want a partner, or a significant person, or a commited relationship in their life, or something of that sort. Someone as the cliche goes, more than just a friend, that the relationship is beyond the scope of a friend you see on occasion, or a coworker you don't get close with. Someone who's involved in your life. 

• Like 1

I mean I definately get this but only sometimes lol, you might find it beneficial to check out QPRs (queer-platonic relatiionships). I would explain them but I'm right about to go to sleep lmao, if you want I could try and explain a bit in the morning

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 9:45 PM, Burgundy Ashe said:

There are a lot of things that make me think I'm aromantic, but I feel so hesitant to use the label because I definitely want a partner. I want a significant person in my life, someone who I can hang out with and do things with on a regular basis. And I want someone who I can trust will be still with me in the future. 

I always thought that was what romance was, but romance is about stuff like romantic gestures, about intimacy, and about loving someone more than anyone else and putting their interest above your own and above other friends. And those things I just don't have any desire for. 

So I'm wondering if there are other people who want a partner, or a significant person, or a commited relationship in their life, or something of that sort. Someone as the cliche goes, more than just a friend, that the relationship is beyond the scope of a friend you see on occasion, or a coworker you don't get close with. Someone who's involved in your life. 

I’m aro, and I’ve felt similarly. At the moment, I’m in a long-distance, queerplatonic partnership. Ideally, I do intend to live with them at one point or another. Either or- I’m aro and I’ve always liked the idea of living with a few close friends and/or partners. 

YES YES YES  I am in exactly the same boat.  I have been wondering if I am grayromantic, but I feel inside that aromantic is the right label for me.  Still want a QPR though!

• Like 1

i feel the same way. i've always kinda liked the idea of a partnership of sorts, but loathed the thought of having to deal with romance and all the crap that comes with it. i was super happy when i learned about aromanticism and found out QPRs are an option.

• Like 2