Solo poly amongst aromantic people

Hey there! I'm curious about whether anyone here has engaged in solo poly as an aromantic person. I think I just would like cuddles and (maybe) sex with someone I really trusted, though I don't necessarily need to engage in sex all the time, especially considering that I'm demi and gray-asexual. A QPR would be nice but not required, for sure.

But not only has finding such an arrangement been hard but it's also been difficult to find people who are compatible with my interests, like historical clothing, mathematics, science, and politics. I've never been good with small talk due to the cultural group I was raised in, and well, I am just not the best with being entertaining or having lots of resources to share with people (taking people on cool trips, for example).

So I'd like to hear your thoughts about resources or whether you've engaged in solo poly yourself? 

2 hours ago, Holmbo said:

What's the distinction of solo poly compared to poly in general?

Solo polyamory means that someone has multiple intimate relationships with people but has an independent or single lifestyle. They may not live with partners, share finances, or have a desire to reach traditional relationship milestones in which partners’ lives become more intertwined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1