Are Aromantic people, or single folk good at giving relationship advice, and if so why?

Ikarus

Aro’s for romantic relationship advice?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have seen many different people say within aro spaces online through memes or what have you, that Aro’s are often asked for advice on romantic relationships. When I first stared seeing this topic idea I thought, why would people ask an Aro, who usually doesn’t feel these romo things at all. 

I still wonder how many Aro’s have been asked for romantic advice by friends ect. Of course there are a lot of people who are closeted Aro’s and haven’t come out, so I am guessing the numbers aren’t very high. 

I also wonder if Aro’s are actually capable of giving good romantic advice. Would Allo’s actually understand our advice through their different ways of feeling and seeing the world? Would Allo’s misunderstand Aro advice, or decide to not follow it?

I have not completely made up my mind yet, and wonder what the Aro’s here think about this question

• Like 2

oh, one thing I missed on the first part of this, why ask an aro. I think its less aro but more wanting advice from somone single.

never been deliberatly asked due to being aro but being asked due to being single seems quite common. There seems to be a thing where someone who wants the advice/space to vent does not want to talk to someone who is in an (outwardly) healthy relationship. Possiblly this is because them asking exposes problems in their relationship so they worry about shame or judgement if they ask a happy couple, but captain single here can't throw stones.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 8:20 AM, roboticanary said:

oh, one thing I missed on the first part of this, why ask an aro. I think its less aro but more wanting advice from somone single.

never been deliberatly asked due to being aro but being asked due to being single seems quite common. There seems to be a thing where someone who wants the advice/space to vent does not want to talk to someone who is in an (outwardly) healthy relationship. Possiblly this is because them asking exposes problems in their relationship so they worry about shame or judgement if they ask a happy couple, but captain single here can't throw stones.

"captain single here can't through stones-" why is that iconic