Closeted pride gift ideas?

Guest VoidEclipse

Question

Guest VoidEclipse

So one for my best friends is A romantic but unfortunately her parents aren't supportive or accepting so she cannot come out or have any pride things. I've been wanting to get her something that she could use as pride merch without it being terribly obvious but am unsure what I could get her. Anyone have any suggestions? 

4 answers to this question

There's a lot of merch with aro colors and designs that aren't overtly aro. Personally I don't like pride merch that says "aromantic" on it; I have the aro pin from this set, the aro print from this set, and this shirt currently. You can find a lot of other pins, stickers, etc like these on sites like Etsy and Redbubble.

If her parents know what the flag looks like, then maybe something with shades of green, or something green and white? Yellow roses (symbolizing friendship) can also be used as an aro symbol.

• Like 1

It is not necessary to wear some symbolism to defend your position. But if it's essential for your girlfriend, I recommend badges on a backpack or bracelets. These small accessories do not attract attention, but people who understand the topic will immediately notice them.  By the way, you can give her along with a small gift basket icon. I always give a set of sweets to my friends when I want to please or support them. Sweet produces the hormone of happiness and improves mood.  She can also order a hoodie with a pride flag.

Edited by Aenantar