Can I ever fall in love

Guest Chaos goth

Question

Guest Chaos goth

Hi 

I really don't know what to say here 

I've battled hard my whole life wondering what is wrong with me. I feel I am lacking that basic human attraction to another person and everyone I talk to just says I will find someone one day but I feel older I get (Im 26 now) the more I realise that might not be on the cards for me and I don't know how to reconcile that with the image of finding a person to love and getting a picket fence house and all that stuff that we are expected to have. I feel that no one I talk to really understands what I am going through and I just want someone to talk to who genuinely understands what I am going through

I don't know what I expect from posting here but I just want to reach out and get a perspective from someone who might have gone through some thing similar 

3 answers to this question

Hm well this is my opinion I think.

Everyday things you do is already "love" though I prefer not to call it that. More like happiness and passion and all that. The things you share with people, places you go, things you do, interactions all that. Like sharing and doing things and the things you get from that is already like essentially it. And when your a kid and your younger you are happy and don't even think about these expectations. I think in the end you just have to follow what you want and don't like always take things from others I think it's important to discover things for yourself that way you understand properly what your needs are. Rather than follow an idealised image which is probably not even completely real and from society. 

• Like 1

I think you'll find many with like-minded feelings here. Remember though you don't need to be in love to make a committed cohabitation relationship. You can even call it a romantic one. I know several people who are not in love with their romantic partner. However they care about them and enjoy living together with them. You could do that too, if that's what you want.

Personally I've never wanted a partner, and that means I need to figure out what kind of relationships I need to fill me needs. For most people the romantic partner fills so many roles. I need different people to fill some of that roles.

nothing is wrong with you don't worry. It may be rare, but aromantic is a thing, if that's what you are it's okay to be that way. It's okay if you don't get all that stuff that we are expected to have. If you want someone to love, you can still find someone, love doesn't need a romantic connection to exist. love is grown. but if not, that's perfectly okay! If you like being single, you can be single.