am i aro?

Guest bug

Question

the thought of romantic relationships really doesn’t please to me? and i think i’ve only had one crush, i only think though cause it could be cause of pressure around my age to like someone was there? so idk if i am aro or on the aro spectrum? i think i am but i do not know for certain, would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me! i’ll continue to research aromantic things too

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Guest bug said:

the thought of romantic relationships really doesn’t please to me? and i think i’ve only had one crush, i only think though cause it could be cause of pressure around my age to like someone was there?

this part is similar to many aro discovery stories i've seen, the whole being uninterested in romantic relationships and crushing on someone just because people expect you to, that's a pretty big sign that you could be aro.

though, at the end of the day, you know yourself better than anyone; so if you think aro fits, i say go for it ?‍♀️

From that I have no idea but these are common things experienced by aros, so you might be.

What I would say if the thought of romantic relationships doesn't please you then work out what it is you don't want and what you can do to avoid the things you don't like. If it turns out you are aro, cool, if you aren't then you will still be able to build a relationship that feels better for you.