What's up Everyone!

Hey Guys!

I'm excited to have stumbled upon this website today. To be perfectly honest, I am not sure what my orientation is at the moment. I have not lived my life as an aro. I have lived my life as an extroverted hopeless romantic turned nymphomaniac turned introverted hermit. After many years of dating disappointment, rejection and hurt, I have decided that living a solitary lifestyle is what makes me happiest at the moment. I invite all of you to say hi and tell me your stories and perspectives on being an aromantic person. 

Here's to a great day :D

Hello there ^^ I too am an introverted hermit at the moment. If you like the solitary life then live it at its fullest, and my perspective on being aro is that I enjoy it cuz it is what I am and is something that no one will be able to change nor steal from me. Being aro means that I criticize romantic subplots and just say "leave his/her ass" to the protags. Here here to a great day/existence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blake said:

Hello there ^^ I too am an introverted hermit at the moment. If you like the solitary life then live it at its fullest, and my perspective on being aro is that I enjoy it cuz it is what I am and is something that no one will be able to change nor steal from me. Being aro means that I criticize romantic subplots and just say "leave his/her ass" to the protags. Here here to a great day/existence.

Thanks for the reply! Just wondering, have you ever been in a romantic relationship before? If so, wasn't there some sort of satisfaction to it?

I was in a relationship before and there was some kind of satisfaction from both parties. However, they where allo-allo and I had not discovered myself as aroace. So eventually, since I did not know I was aroace, I was seen as heartless, cold and it lead to a breakup. The satisfaction from my part is that I was with someone who I could be honest with, but it was short-lived since the more I shared of me, the distant they where to me. The relationship for me was as super best friend however for them it was a romantic/sexual relationship and I did not know we both had different views of the same relationship. The joy/satisfaction I took from the relationship wasn't romantic, it was of sharing time with a friend. For them, it was romantic but for me no. Hope that answered your question. After the breakup I began questioning my identity and eventually I discovered I was aro, and then ace ^^ and here I am.

Hi and welcome! I'm pretty new here, myself. I figured out I was ace a couple years ago. I've lived my life as an aro trying to act like, and convince myself that I am, a romantic person. After several relationships and two marriages ended, I'm now realizing that being aromantic is a thing, and that it fits me. It's been a hard road, but I think it's better for me in the end. I'm tired of hurting people inadvertently, and am much better off being a friend or maybe a QPP at some point. I do love me some good snuggles, after all...