Does anyone here know more about this?

Saw this linked in the discord and it seems really cool. 

The thing is, I am not from the US and all I can tell is it sounds hella fancy. I have found a few basic bits of what a proclamation like this is but I'm still kind of clueless.

Does anyone know a bit more about what this state proclamation means?

I'm not from Colorado but this year my state recognized Asexual Awareness Week and basically all it means is that it's a week that's recognized by the state. It doesn't change much but it definitely does spread awareness by making it something that's recognized beyond the internet and few groups of people outside the internet. I'm not very well informed about how this stuff works or how it even becomes recognized by the state. It's great though because if there is more awareness by states about aromantic people it could be a gateway to better legal protection in the future just through awareness. That's very unlikely though because no other states have recognized the week or aro people in general as a group and I doubt many people in Colorado even heard about it. Still exciting though! 

Edited by candlewax
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, candlewax said:

it definitely does spread awareness by making it something that's recognized beyond the internet and few groups of people outside the internet

cool, I guess that was what I expected, but its good to hear that confirmed

7 hours ago, Erederyn said:

If you want to read about the process, TAAAP created a guide on how it works: https://taaap.org/2021/01/02/asaw-proclamation/!

Brilliant. Cheers for linking this. 

• Like 2