I think I'm aroflux?

Faeriefate

Like, I strongly identified as panro for so long because I felt such strong romantic attraction, and now I'm NOT feeling it at all. This isn't the first time I've felt like "I don't know why I was feeling like that before. I definitely don't feel that now."

And now, I don't know. 

Can someone help me? I can't even put how I feel right now into words 

• Like 2

Guest Anonymous

Aw man, idk,, 

How long have you not felt romantic attraction? I probably won't be of much help but I hope you can come to terms with whatever orientation you discover best fits you. 

❤️ no romo

4 hours ago, Rolo said:

What makes you think this is different from what most alloromantic people experience, of a crush naturally fading, or going through periods of not having anyone they are attracted to?

Well, I don't get crushes often anyways. So there's often I go long periods where there's just not anyone I'm romantically attracted to.

Kinda hard for crushes to fade when I don't get them often. So I don't know. 

Guest Anonymous

So it's that it has faded abnormally quickly? Or is it just an abnormally long time period? 

Maybe there's some underlying attraction to those of all genders that is normally present that isn't now? I wouldn't know if there would be haha, aro here

1 hour ago, Faeriefate said:

Well, I don't get crushes often anyways. So there's often I go long periods where there's just not anyone I'm romantically attracted to.

Kinda hard for crushes to fade when I don't get them often. So I don't know. 

truth be told, i don't fully get how some people can be like "i'm absolutely this one orientation i've known it since forever." it's a lot of self-doubt and second-guessing for me alskdfj, so... y'know, maybe it might just help describe the way you tend to operate? no one can really look into your brain and say any which way. even if it could be that you've just not found someone you're attracted to, that's... a bit of part of the definition of being aro? not experiencing romantic attraction. maybe you'll find someone who helps you definitively realize one way or the other, but i think until you find such a person, if you're inclined or even interested by the label of aroflux, then you should go for it.

Edited by cyancat
  • Like 3